On the current BOSS system there are two ways to import sim cards:
Using file import: In this method there is no restriction on the number of sim cards:
- Open an excel sheet paste the sim cards in the excel sheet from starting from A1 cell only in column A. the sim card number should appear in digits eg: 311980000012596 if it doesn’t then right click on the cell >>>fomat cells>>>number tab>>>under category select number. Under decimal places option which you will see on the right side in this format cells dialog box make sure it is 0. Save this file with a name of your preference.
- Click on BOSS tab on OMC.
- Go to Network>>>Sim card>>>Click on import tab>>>click on file tab
- Under file option search for the file you saved in step 1.
- Click on import.
- You will get a dialog box saying how many sim cards have been added successfully click on ok.
NOTE: If an operator attempts to import SIM cards that do not belong to them, the system will auto-generate an audit request to the Baicells super administrator.
Using Activation code: The sim cards purchased in packs of 10 can be imported using the 14-character activation code printed on the box, using the following procedure:
1) login your cloudcore account and select BOSS tab.
2) Go to network>>>sim card.
3) Select import tab on the current page and make sure you are on the Active code sub tab.
4) Click on import sim card button and paste the Activation code printed on the box in the Active code field on the pop up window.
5) Then click on import, you should get a pop up saying import success.
To activate the SIM cards, follow these steps:
- Log into CloudCore
- Click “BOSS” at the top left.
- Click “Subscriber” on the left menu.
- Click “New” to add a new subscriber.
- Enter subscriber info and click on the search icon in the SIM card field.
- Select the respective IMSI number.
- Click save to add a new subscriber and activate the SIM card.
Once the SIM information, specifically the IMSI, is imported and activated, when the UE is installed and powered on it will trigger the automatic UE registration in the operator’s OMC account.