Associate Level Certification Course
Installation & Basic Troubleshooting
The Baicells Installation & Basic Troubleshooting course prepares you to install Baicells eNodeB (eNB) and user equipment (UE). It is a 3-day instructor-led training (ILT) course that includes the Associate Certification exam at the end of the course.
The material covers basic Long-Term Evolution (LTE) wireless principles, introduces you to the Baicells components, software, and features, and distinguishes between the Baicells equipment models. Students discuss, review, and practice all key aspects of successfully installing and verifying basic equipment operation, and are challenged with instructor-inserted issues for Tier 1 level troubleshooting practice.
The course comprises 50% lecture and discussion plus review time and 50% lab practices. Each student should bring a laptop computer, and will be provided the Baicells equipment and software for the hands-on labs.
Target Audience & Assumed Prequisites
The Baicells Installation & Basic Troubleshooting course was designed for equipment installers and Tier 1 technical support engineers, and as a foundational background for anyone participating in the follow-on courses and exams. The following prerequisite skills and knowledge are recommended for successful completion of this course:
- Basic IP Networking: Familiar with OSI model, TCP/IP, IP addressing, subnet masks, broadcast addresses, static routes and routing protocols, dynamic IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, NAT, bridging, LANs, VLANs, WANs, MAC addresses
- Basic Wireless: Familiar with RF propagation, spectrum, licensed and unlicensed frequencies, channels/bands, small cell vs macro cell coverage, fixed wireless, interference and other RF challenges, duplexing, modulation, antenna basics, end-user device.
Note: For actual outdor eNB installs – electrical and tower safety training and experience is required.
The primary course objective, or intended outcome, is that students will be able to plan, install, perform basic configuration, and verify that UE and eNB equipment is operational. The secondary objective of this course is to help prepare students to pass the Associate Certification exam.
The enabling learning objectives for the course are that students will be able to:
- Discuss high-level LTE wireless architecture, concepts, and terms
- Distinguish various models of Baicells equipment and solutions
- Navigate eNodeB and UE GUIs
- Install Baicells user equipment
- Install Baicells eNodeB equipment
- Perform basic configuration of equipment, and verify it is operational
- Perform Tier 1 level troubleshooting
- Participate in Tier 1 network scenario and configuration analysis (stretch exercise)
Download the Baicells Installation & Basic Troubleshooting Syllabus here